Monday, October 13, 2014

Thanksgiving

I thought it might be time to start up this blog again. Last year we started homeschooling Fox and I'll go into why in another post. This past May we started teaching Fox using RPM (Rapid Prompting Method), you can read more about it here: http://www.halo-soma.org/. I will go into our journey with RPM and how it's led to Fox being able to communicate using a letter board another time as it's a long story. Today I want to share something I'm thankful for, Fox's first thankful turkey:


He spelled out what he was thankful for on his letter board and I wrote it on his turkey for him, he spelled: ALWAYS EATING, TURKEY, MY SISTER, KOMBU, MY BLOCKS, MOM AND DAD, BLOWING OUT CANDLES, MY LETTERS, UNDERSTANDING

Last thanksgiving my daughter and I made our thankful turkeys and I never would have thought in a year Fox would be able to express himself well enough to be able to make his own. He has an amazing mind and each word is such a gift. He told me he is fine with me sharing some of his writing on this blog so that's what I'll do. At the very least it will be a nice way for us to look back on everything Fox has accomplished. 

No comments: